Our annual turnover has been about £16,000 a year. This pays for the premises, the food and the part-time paid staff. We have been raising this amount by applying for grants, receiving donations from groups and individuals and holding fund raising events.
Fund raising events are often a lot of fun and at the end of 2018 we were really grateful for the support from local people and organisations and a big thank you goes to:
- Those who took part in the Sponsored Sleep Out on 1st December. One person got 103 sponsors and raised £687!
- Cardwave, a Devizes-based company that donated £500 plus clothing.
- Tranquil Moments, Poulshot who gave the proceeds of their Raffle.
- Tammy Gilbert and Carly Coombes for their very generous donation following their New Year's Eve celebrations.
- TITCO who nominated us as one of their charities for their Christmas concert.
Noah's Ark Nursery School for the Christmas hamper
Marston Chapel for their donation of £92
- The Christmas poetry evening at the Vaults - entry by donation to us.
- All of the individuals and local businesses that have donated food and clothing.
- Several other groups and small businesses that are raising money for Opendoors this Christmas.
- All those who have nominated us for their fundraising next year.
Donations come from people as either one-off gifts or as monthly amounts and both are very much appreciated! Cheques should be to “Devizes Opendoors”. Our address is St. John's Parish Office, Long Street, Devizes, SN10 1NN.